Schedule: Games will be held on Sunday nights starting at 4:00pm from February 12-May 17 in the Ellwood City Family Center. This includes the regular season of 18 games and playoffs. All teams will make the playoffs and we will follow the NBA rules for playoff seeding. We will have a 3-Point contest the first week of the playoffs, after the games. Each team can have 2 team members participate. If your team is unable to attend your scheduled game, you will be forced to forfeit the contest.
League Fee: The league fee is $20 per person. This will help us cover the cost of renting the facility, referees, and any other league related supplies.
- Each game will consist of two continuous 10 minute halves, with a five minute overtime period if necessary. The clock will run continuously except for stops in play in the last 2 minutes of each half. In the event that the game ends in a tie after the overtime period is played, both teams will earn a tie for their record.
- Fouls will not be kept track of
- Foul shots will be awarded on any fouls called in the last 2 minutes of the second half. Common fouls will be 1-and-1, shooting fouls will be 2 shots. If fouled in the act of shooting a 3-pointer, the shooter will be awarded 3 shots. The clock will stop for fouls and as mentioned above in the last 2 minutes of each half.
- Players can only sub in during a dead ball- meaning during free throws, or if the ball bounces out of bounds. Subbing during live play (even a made basket) should result in a technical foul.
- Every metal piece that is above the rim and backboard is considered out of bounds, including the metal apparatus that is connected to the ceiling and the metal chain that hangs above the backboard. Ceiling beams and fans are also considered out of bounds.
- Roster Additions/Subtractions can be made up until March 5, at which point rosters are finalized for the season. Any additions or subtractions should be communicated to Mike Smith, Kevin Ricciuti or Matt Boffo to be considered eligible.
Eligibility: Any person under the age of 18 is prohibited from playing unless a parent or guardian is on the same roster and is present.
Conduct: This is a rec league. Fitness and Fun are the paramounts of this league. Taunting (that’s not in good nature) and poor sportsmanship will not be tolerated. This is a zero tolerance policy. Break the rules and you will be ineligible to participate with no refund.
Family Center Maintenance: We are very fortunate to have this reservation of the Family Center. We must maintain its facilities. Please have respect for the facility and its bathrooms. Thank you!
Forms and Information: All forms and fees must be turned in no later than Feb. 5th. Failure to turn in forms and fees by this date will result in your team forfeiting games. If you have any questions regarding this basketball league, please feel free to contact us. Our information is listed below. Please contact Mike Smith, Kevin Ricciuti or Matt Boffo to obtain forms.